5 Ways To Avoid Unnecessary Rental Car Fees
Renting a car can be quite a big expense, especially if you are using it for travel. This is why it's important to know what you can do to make the cost of a rental car much more affordable. Here are five ways you can avoid unnecessary rental care fees to make the rental car much more cost effective in the end:
- Fill Up the Gas Yourself: Before dropping the rental car back off at the rental car facility, you will want to fill the car up with gas yourself. The reason for this is because most rental car companies will charge a fee if you drop the car off without a full tank of gas. This fee is typically more than what you would've paid if you filled up the tank yourself.
- Don't Return the Car Early: It's best not to return the car early because most rental car companies will charge a fee for this. This is a convenience fee for having the car sit on their lot for the extra time that you otherwise would've been using it.
- Keep Add-Ons Limited: There are many add-ons that you can have included with your rental car. For example, if you need a car seat, you may be able to rent one with your car that will cost a bit extra, which is actually a real nice service if you are traveling. However, there are other add-ons that you probably don't need, such as a GPS system. If you don't need this because you have a GPS on your phone, then rent a car without this built in since this will just cost you extra.
- Don't Include Collision Coverage: In most cases, collision coverage is going to be included with your own auto insurance. You will have to show the rental car service proof that your auto insurance includes this. Otherwise, you will have to pay for this through the rental car company, which is just unnecessary if it's already covered by your auto insurance policy.
- Always Search for the Best Price: When you know that you need a rental car, always be sure that you search for the best price. If you don't take the time to find the best price, you may later find another rental car service that is cheaper and you will be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel your previous reservation.
When you know these five ways to avoid unnecessary fees, you can be sure that you get the best price possible.
For more information, talk to a professional like Aztec Rent A Car & Truck.